Fall has arrived, on a bright and airy Monday in September. While typically we celebrate the turning of the year on January 1st, September can feel like the true start of the year for anyone who is in school. Our Yoga Teacher Training begins this friday, so we are certainly in the back-to-school spirit!
Preparing for the Teacher Training and our Open House has Leena and I quite busy. We anticipate that the fall’s events and gatherings will keep up their regular pace from now until Christmas, so we are taking extra care to encourage ourselves and students to practice #selfcare this fall and find little pockets of time to slow down, breathe and renew ourselves. Leena put together this restorative sequence as a resource for anyone who might want to try slowing down at home.
A few other opportunities for #selfcare that we are offering at the studio this fall include:
- Community Acupuncture with Nir Saar, R.Ac
- Thursdays from 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Sliding scale treatments in a group setting. Acupuncture can help rebalance the flow of energy in your body and calm your central nervous system. 45-60 minute treatments. You can choose to contribute between $20 and $50 depending on what makes sense for your income.
- Meridians on the Mat with Amanda Soikie and Nir Saar, R.Ac
- Sunday Sept 27, 2-4:30pm, $50+hst
- A combination of gentle restorative poses and a rebalancing acupuncture treatment.
- Rest & Renew classes, 3x a week!
- Mondays 6:30pm with Leena
- Wednesdays 6:00pm with Amanda
- Thursdays 7:45pm with Emma
Leena Miller Cressman is the director of Queen Street Yoga. Right now she’s in love with practicing the Tensegrity Repair Series, handstands and doing gentle twists over her bolster. You’ll also find her cruising around on her rusty but trusty bike, and tending to her community garden plot full of arugula, kale, and basil.
Emma Dines is the creative director of Queen Street Yoga. She loves writing, visiting thrift stores and going for walks in the woods. She also loves cartwheeling, sewing and making her own kimchi.